Tuesday, January 15, 2008

tough day at the office...

The other day was tough. I had to go kayaking to look for frog egg masses. It was horrible. The sun was out, a small wind was blowing, I was in a kayak...

It was a fun time. I was glad to be out and about in the sunshine. I used to love winter and considered myself a winter person but now I am not sure. I used to live for precipitation, used to love staying inside reading a book or watching a movie. Lets not even mention the fun times snowboarding and snowball fights. But ever since living in vegas then redding then vegas I love summer and sun! Also living in the cold, cold Presidio the past 2.5 years could have something to do with it. With the rain events of the past few weeks the sun was a welcome change.

Since winter is still in effect, the only plant I could find with flowers was Scirpus californicus.

I did not find any egg masses or any animals for that matter. I did find tons of crap. There were literally tens and tens of tennis balls...
also a bazillion empty forty bottles... I hope they poured some out for their hommies...
I did find a driver for Frisbee golf. Apparently the disk is number 1
the survey took a few hours and I got a great upper body workout. Luckily the wind was minimal so rowing was not a challenge. All in all a great day at the office.

No comments: