Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Double Life

I have 2 jobs. One too many if you ask me. I have a job at Mosaic Associates that pays for my lifestyle and the other job is my education. I hate my second job. It never seems to end. I did pass my defense and I thought I was almost done but I haven't finished my stupid paper. When I do I will finally be a master of science. The trouble is my advisor and I don't see eye to eye as to how to proceed. It seems like he always has something for me to do but I am close.
(Sorry Kim. I hope you are not a reader)

Anyway... my second "job" is at the Academy of Sciences. The new Academy. What a sweet building it is!!! The building is green of course. Automatically dimming lights, tons of natural light and of course a living roof! I cannot wait until September 27th!

The Botany department was the first to move into the new building. This is entrance to our department.

Here is my cubicle!
Here is where the magic happens. It is kind of depressing and bleak. I haven't put up any photos.
The view is pretty nice though.
I cannot wait until the paper is done but sad to lose this awesome workspace. Maybe that is why I haven't finished. Wow, what a great excuse. Why haven't I thought about that before! (sorry Betsy)

1 comment:

Erica said...

i can't wait for the new museum to open as well!