Sunday, April 29, 2007

its hot

Yes,
Summer is in the air. The past few days have been so hot! Especially when you are hiking on steep slopes in the East Bay hills checking snake traps. Boy was I thirsty.

Yesterday I went to Baker beach on the rare occasion that the sun was out in my neighborhood. It was nice to take of my shirt soak up the sun. I have a sort of "farmers tan" right now but worse. The back of my hands and my face are really dark right now compared to the rest of my body. I look really Mexican when i have a long sleeve shirt and pants on. Otherwise I am milky.
One glance around the beach confirmed that I am not alone. There were lots of pasty people out. I guess it is the price we pay to live in the fog. We were all in need of some vitamin D.

But of course the sun can only hold the fog at bay for so long and by the evening, fog had engulfed our beloved city. Our typical summer pattern. Good thing that we only have to dive a short distance north, east or south to get out of the doldrums and find sun.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

remember how when you originally wrote this post it was barely hot and now it's scorching hot?