Friday, March 21, 2008

First day of spring!

yesterday was the first day of spring! I am excited because I will have material for my blog.
here is a quick list of plant photos I took in the past week. Lets start with our state flower...
I think this flower was a Dichelostemma or Brodiaea species. I am not sure. I forgot to grab a sample.
Spring is my favorite time of the year. The sun begins to shine, the temperature is warmer and the days are longer. Also fields of wildflowers.
everywhere you go
I love Magnoliaceae.

Ferguson, if you wanted to do a cutting of this... no pressure. I don't even know if it is possible.
Tulips! nothing says spring like tulips!
as stated above, I did not identify one of the plants. I promise this will never happen again. I have a new book in my arsenal. The book is more portable than the Jepson Manual and will help me to learn the flora in the bay area. I am excited. stay tuned.

2 comments:

Erica said...

i LOVE tulips! great pics.

my name is amy said...

the second photo is of blue-eyed grass (Sisyrinchium bellum) in Iridaceae.