Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Check out the Great Gatsby


so I am reading the the Great Gatsby at the moment. I have never read it before and am not sure what I think about it. The story revolves around some rich guy who wants this girl that got away. Why do all good works of literature revolve around the lives of rich folks. Probably the same reason why celebrity worship magazines sell tons. It took a long time for me to get into this book but now that I am about halfway through, I am beginning to like it. I am beginning to wonder if the rich guy will get the girl?
One of my favorite quote I have came across...

"There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy and the tired"

That is so true...
I believe I am in the busy category at the moment!

3 comments:

Steph said...

great book. I've read it several times. you want to have a book club meeting about it? i provide the milk and you provide the oreos. and the candlelight. when are you going to ask you you know who?

Steph said...

you must be busy. you haven't updated in a while. let me know if you need some visitors or something. or...maybe a neighborly visit.

:) have your phone yet?

Steve said...

yeah, nothing ever happens to me these days. Bummer. I do not get into crazy adventures anymore. Someday soon perhaps!