Sunday, September 10, 2006

no phone...

wow. Your entire life has stopped. You have no way to reach out and talk to your friends and family. Even if you use someones phone to check your messages, chances are you cannot call them back because you do not know their number. What am I talking about? I lost my phone. Well, left it at a friends house in LA last weekend. It was a bone head maneuver but I woke up from a nap and wasn't thinking clearly. She has shipped it but I do not know when it will get here.

Having no phone is nice in a way. I am off the grid so to speak. No one can find me easily. I am not at my phones beckon call. I haven't lived like this in years. Remember planning before you left the house to meet a friend instead of calling when you get there? Remember having to remember someones phone number? Gosh remember dialing your phone, and having a cord attached to a wall? Remember not hearing a one sided conservation?

The cell phone is a convenience for sure and I do not know how I lived before I owned one. I cannot wait to get it back...

1 comment:

Steph said...

do you have it yet?