Thursday, June 21, 2007

birds are out...

A few months ago I posted about how cool the environment is right now. Every day one can hear about new legislation to cut carbon emissions, websites where you can calculate your carbon emissions or websites where you can learn how to be green. For now going green is on Americas conscience and it is a welcome change. Especially for one who makes a living studying the natural world.

The other day a few friends were talking about nature in art and I don't know how it came up but they totally mentioned that birds are going out. Remember deer? I chuckled a bit. I know some hardcore birders who go on vacation to see birds and for them, birds are always in. Nature is big, even the art and fashion world. I just hope hope all this hype translates to legislation to protect, study and restore nature for the long term. I love clean water and air...

Thank you art and fashion for keeping the environment an issue in the news. Good for You! I am not sure what will replace birds, apparently mushrooms are the next big thing.

No comments: