Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Organization...

About 3 weeks ago I finally got around to ordering a planner. I went with the classic Moleskine daily pocket planner. A different page for every day. The one in the photo is the 2007 model but looks the same as the 2008.

I have never thought I was a planner type and therefore very disorganized when it comes to dates. I never have a place to write it down. Kind of a catch-22!
I usually get a planner from my brother every Christmas and use it for approximately 3 weeks before I give up. I asked him last year to stop giving me one since it would be a waste of a good planner. This year I decided to make organization one of my new year's resolutions. I decided the first place to start would be with my day to day life, appointments, meetings, deadlines, etc. Don't even get me started on birthdays. So many dates to remember and now they are in one book!
The main reason for selecting this planner is the new page a day. I can use this planner as a journal to write thoughts and feelings and experiences that I have each day. Perfect because one of my other resolutions this year was journal writing! Perfect.
I have had the planner 3 weeks and I am still going strong. A planner is such a helpful tool. I do not know how I did it before! We'll see if I can keep it going.

1 comment:

Erica said...

welcome to the OCD land i live in!