Saturday, February 23, 2008

Oscar perdictions...

Wow! It has been a whole year since I last made Oscar predictions. Wow, a whole year. Here is how I think it is going down.

Actor, leading: Daniel Day Lewis
Actor, Supporting: Javier Bardem
Actress, leading: Julie Christie
Actress, supporting: Saoirse Ronan
Animated feature: Ratatouille
Best picture: No Country for Old Men
Director: Coen brothers
Original screenplay: Juno
Adapted screenplay: No Country for Old Men

to be honest, I haven't seen many of the films listed so this is a best guess. I hope I do better than last year. One trend I have noticed this year was the unhappy ending. I wonder if Hollywood is sick of putting out the same old formula pictures.

One look at my list and it would seem I am in love with No Country for Old Men. I read the book by Cormac McCarthy and the Coen brothers stayed true to his vision which is refreshing because the film is never as good as what you picture in your mind. I hope the Coen brothers win because they are due. I mean these are the guys who made Raising Arizona!

Juno is also heavily favored. I liked the movie but I had a problem with Juno. She is too clever for a 16 year old. No 16 year old is ever that cool and witty and funny all the time. The script was different and I think it will win. But who knows.

All I know is I am excited about the Beckstead's Oscar party. Games, trivia, food, prizes. I hope I can win!

No comments: