Tuesday, February 12, 2008

trash talking

When I failed my motorcycle driving test, Betsy could not believe it. She even called me an idiot and clumsy. I tried to explain the test is not like driving on the road and totally awkward. So this weekend we were scootering around the city enjoying the sun when we stopped in on the DMV. We decided to give it a go even thought they warn against it!

I went first and did better this time. I found the secret, you have to gun it. You need speed to get around the circle. It is like snowboarding. In order to not fall, you have to just point your board down the hill and go for it.



Betsy did ok but totally failed. First off she ran over the cones and went the wrong way around the circle. Her second try she again killed some cones and was wobbly around the circle.


Afterword she admitted the test was difficult. Not hard but awkward and not like anything you ever do on a regular basis when you drive the scooter. Oh well. I guess I have to make another appointment to start the process all over again!

2 comments:

Erica said...

seriously, i'm lol right now. i'm glad you and bets took advantage of the weekend for practicing!

Betsy said...

Babe I never called you an idiot...that makes me sound so mean. :)