Wednesday, November 08, 2006

the results are in...

So out of 165,293 votes cast for governor in San Francisco, 437 were write in votes. So I received 0.000605% of the popular vote but 0.23% of the write in vote. Yes!!! I want to thank everyone for working on my campaign...

In SF 40% of the registered voters turned out to vote. Not bad for a mid-term election. We live in a left bubble in SF. All the democrats (governor, lt. governor, etc..) won huge margins in SF but that margin shrinks when looking at the entire state. California mirrors the US in that it is blue on its borders (ocean, mountains) but has a red center (central valley). California is fair and balanced which is a good thing. It looks like we will have a Republican governor and a Democratic lt. governor. Nothing will get done...

The dems won control of the house of representatives yesterday. What does this mean to you, you ask? I do not know. Hopefully they will find a way to pay down our deficit that bush has created with his war and policies. This should be their top priority but I think it will get trumped under gay marriage or getting the troops out. Politics as usual. I am glad I voted for myself.

No comments: