Tuesday, November 07, 2006

voting rocks...

Today is mid-term elections day! So excited. I have been waiting for this since 2004! Senate races, state propositions, judicial nominations... it just does not get any better than this! Mid-term elections usually have the lowest voter turnout but since the guerilla movements to get more young voters active in the election process so I was confident things were going to be different.

so here is our sweet polling place in the persidio... So rustic, so pioneer...
I went inside and noticed there was a line to wait to vote. All the voting stations were also filled up. Good sign. P diddy did not let us down!!! (of course they were all working professionals in line)
Here is our gynormous ballot. It is huge! 5 pages too. Boy there were many ballot initiatives and propositions to get through as well as judicial candidates I have never heard of. These things take a while to fill out. With all the activity on the ballot and the negative political ads it is hard to keep all the issues straight. I did the best I could...

so when it came time to vote for governor I decided to vote for myself. I know this sort of is self-aggrandizing and silly but hear me out. Both candidates are smucks. Arnold is doing an ok job I guess and Phil, well he is a Republican in disguise. I was not sold on either one of them. I tend to vote 3rd party every election, since I feel the 2 parties do not represent me or my issues anymore. I know this sounds cynical but there are too many special interests in politics. Money rules our political system. I feel that since I am not corrupt and stand for my political issues and cannot be bought by special interest, my vote was not wasted.

So all in all I am sure whatever I vote on will not pass and all the bond issues will pass forcing us into debt. Well at least I got this sweet sticker for my bag. Happy voting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you voted for yourself. You should have told me I would have voted for you too! Oh well. Maybe next time.

Anonymous said...

you are killing me steve santos. thanks for the play by play. i didn't vote and now i feel like i did!