Tuesday, March 06, 2007

holding an endangered species...

Well I am officially employed! My first day on the job was a bit rough. SOOOO much information. I had to learn all the common snakes and lizards and turtles and mammals and birds and fill out paperwork and learn about safety. I met most of the crew and my bosses. Everyone is nice and they all seem cool.

Today though, was my first day in the field. One must be thinking, is he ready? He did just learn the species yesterday? Well the answer to that is yes, it is too soon. I do not know anything! But that is the only way we learn. I saw tons of things salamanders, pond turtles, and tree frog egg masses.

The highlight of the day was when a co-worker found a San Francisco Garter snake in the grass. I got to hold a endangered species and even take a measurement (length). It was cool. I was able to see the characteristics which separate it out from the other garter snakes. I like her blue belly (we caught a female).

All in all not a bad day! and tonight I get to go here for a friends birthday party!

1 comment:

Erica said...

congrats on your new job!