Saturday, March 10, 2007

recap...

My first week is over. Not bad. I went kayaking on Crystal Springs reservoir for two of those days. I think I am going to like this job. Well, I will like it until we get to work in 100 degree days then I may get a bit crabby!

All it all my day is good. I commute to the site, then look for red legged tree frog egg masses. Think a bowl full of jello with eggs mixed in. That is the best way to describe them. I would love to have a photo here but my camera died. These egg masses float a centimeter below the water and are usually attached to vegetation. When they hatch, there are many tadpoles which swim near the egg sack. It is my job to survey for these things to understand how many reproductives use the marshes on the lake to breed. A presence/absence survey. Bonus that we get to kayak to our site! Bummer that I fell into a hole in the mud and went up to my mid thigh. oops!

No comments: