Saturday, October 28, 2006

craaaapppp!!!!!

so there has been lots of talk about arachnophobia lately and I thought I did not have a problem with this fear... until today. I was driving home down park persidio singing to one of my favorite bands at the moment when all of the sudden I look down and see this big spider on my arm.

i freaked... it was my initial reaction. I work with bees and other insects and do not fear bugs of any kind but I totally lost it. I flung the spider which landed on the dashboard and started to climb the door jam. I then corrected my course and luckily did not hit any pedestrians or drivers. The spider sort of hid in the crack between my windshield and the trim of my car. I was close to home so I waited to get home to get him out of my car. Yes, I did not kill him. I just sort of flicked him outside. Spiders are good creatures with a bad wrap I do not like to kill them. They eat other bugs. he is safe to strike the fear into another person.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that made me laugh out loud. ps. what you said to me yesterday at church is totally going up on my quote board. and fyi, i kept on sticking things down kristy and kelly's cleavage yesterday.

Betsy said...

1) I feel your pain about the spider.

2) Broken Social Scene is amazing! I love them with all my heart.

Unknown said...

So...how can you be afraid of a little, toothless spider but still be able to hold tarantula's in your hand? It makes no sense.

PS Loved your talk on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

that's a really cool spider

Anonymous said...

you keep forgetting to name the cat.

Steve said...

here is the thing. I knew that the tarantula was there and was not startled by it. Besids... its fuzzy and soft!