Monday, October 23, 2006

surf sesh...

I went out to Pacifica's Linda Mar beach this morning to do a little surfing. I had the best time today. Surfing is the best way to start the day. The waves were small and consistent but fun , fun , fun! There were a few people out so that made for a nice relaxing session. I did not have to fight the crowd to get a wave. My goal for the rest of the year is to go surf as much as I can. Look how good my car looks with a surfboard on top of it!

Surfing is so much fun. Especially when you catch a wave. You go from 0 to fast in a matter of seconds. Surfing is the hardest fun I have ever had. Surfing takes tons of work and energy which I seem to not have. My arms were jelly after an hour or so. What keeps me going is the desire to ride one more wave. It is an addiction. Since surfing is an endurance sport I guess I just have to go out as much as I can!I was so pumped up today to go into the lab and work. My session today helped me to keep a positive attitude while working in the lab. My job can be a little frustrating at times but today went smoothly. I taught students how to do restriction cutting of their PCR product. I also did some lab dishes and made aliquots of chemicals. I also tried to kill time by repetitive e-mail checking. You never get e-mail when you check every 15 minutes...

All and all it was a good day. One of the problems of surfing in the early morning is the nap I wanted to take at 2pm!! Gosh I was dragging this afternoon and work seemed to take forever to end. The price I pay...

No comments: