Wednesday, October 25, 2006

more zoo fun...

I forgot to post some great photos like one of me almost getting mauled by a statue of a big cat...

Or this big a** millipede that was rolled into a ball and put into my hand. It was cool and heavy. I wanted it to crawl up my arm.
but my friend Simone put it on her cheek. what a nut!
On a more somber note I realize that I am not going to graduate this December. I could do it if I worked day and night on my thesis but I want to have a life. I want to surf in the morning and hang out with friends and maybe if I am lucky go out on dates every once in a while. I plan to be done with school in Feb (whenever school starts again) so I am delaying the defence of my thesis a bit. I am still motivated and work on it when I can but there are too many holes to patch up. "Every day is progress" is what my friend Craig tells me. I like that idea. There is a paradox at State in that many graduate students take tons of time to finish there thesis. They get jobs because the city is so expensive to live in and the thesis sort of gets put off. I do not want this to happen to me (knowing my love of procrastination) so I have to be careful. I need a coach or something...

No comments: