Friday, February 16, 2007

the sculpture district....


right next to where I park my scooter downtown when I go to work is the most interesting alley in the city. It is the site for "sculpturesite", a gallery showcasing sculpture of all kinds. They really spruce up this plain area between two buildings!

There are all sorts of sculpture available to see and all are for sale. I guess this is where you go if you need a large sculpture for your yard...

This is my favorite piece. As you can see the gallery is rather large...
Here is a look at the alley from 3rd street. it is spread throughout the space..


here is another view from my parking spot...
They really take up lots of room. The website says they rotate all the outside exhibits so that will be exciting to see. Go check it out whenever you are near the moscone center...

I am constantly surprised by our city. every time I go downtown, I see something new or, in the case of Market Street, crazy. There is always some hidden gem to find and explore. Art is literally everywhere. they leave it in the streets...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Where is you office, because this sculpture garden is right across the street from my office.....