Monday, January 22, 2007

Packages in the mail....

I got a package in the mail today! I love getting packages in the mail. It is like Christmas all over. You know, shifting through the bills, super saver coupons, grocery store sale papers, and other junk mail, when suddenly you see a package with your name on it... Or when you walk up to your door and there is that familiar brown box with a white label sitting there... of course you know what the package contains (unless you are a chronic Internet buyer) but the excitement is great anyway.

Today I got the new Shins album in the mail from Sub Pop records! What a great company Sub Pop is!

not only do they send me the cd but I also got 3 stickers and a button of some guy... What an awesome surprise... I have listened to the album 3 times so far and it keeps getting better and better. This album showcases a different shins sound compared to their other albums... I like it though.
Packages rock, especially when you don't expect extras! I have another package due from here so hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised again!

4 comments:

Steph said...

what a fancy website you linked to. i've turned into a bit of a chronic internet buyer, but i'm also an internet seller, so i don't feel too bad about it. that reminds me. i need to ship a book. drat!

Anonymous said...

hey, you totally snaked my next blog entry! i was going to gush about how cool it was to get my hot shiny new shins album & stickers in the mail too. your version is cooler tho because you have a nifty picture. someday i will have a digital camera and then i can be cool like you. yay shins!

Steve said...

sorry laura,
That album is so awesome. they have totally reinvented themselves! Oh and get with the times buddy... they give digital cameras away in cereal boxes these days...

k8 said...

that new shins album is something.
i'm still deciding what but so far so good.