Friday, January 26, 2007

Poaching...

For years I have listened to NPR. Their coverage of world events, music and culture are informative and often humorous. This is especially true on Saturday and Sunday mornings at 10am when Car Talk is on. Those guys kill me every week. I have learned that my next car should be a Subaru since they often plug them...
There is other great programming that I enjoy, Fresh Air, Morning Edition, All things considered and my favorite news quiz show Wait, wait, don't tell me. I want Karl Castle's voice on my answering machine... I love NPR!
So why do I always get annoyed when they have their fundraiser drive? Why do I change the channel when the ask for money and beg their listeners to contribute? Why is there overwhelming guilt during these fundraiser drives? Why do I poach?
The answer was simple... I am poor. I am a starving student. This, of course is a lie, I am not that poor. I can contribute $100 a year. I have been listening for years... it is the least I can do.

So when the announced there recent drive... I gave in and signed up to give $25 measley dollars every quarter. the best part was the gifts I got. As you may know... I love packages and this beauty was sitting on my doorstep this afternoon. A messenger bag. I also should be expecting a tin of chocolate and an emergency radio. I am excited about that. I totally forgot about these gifts which is cool since I can expect more rad packages in the mail. sweet!

No comments: