Wednesday, December 13, 2006

photo shoot...

I recently got an assignment from my friend Lindsay to take pictures for her art project. We have this setup where she tells me ideas she wants to paint and I go out and try and make her dreams into reality. I love it! I get a chance to shoot photos and practice using my camera... Lindsay is taking a water color class and thought it would be nice to shoot fall colors. So on my way to work I was on the lookout for fall colors. Trouble is that here on the west coast the majority of trees are evergreen and do not change colors in the fall. I did the best I could and shot unique colors and shapes. here is a sample...








My little digital camera does a good job but I miss my SLR camera. I miss correcting for depth of field by opening or closing the aperture, manipulating light and other issues. Maybe I can control these setting on my digital camera but I haven't figured it out. I need to read my manual I guess... What I do not miss is buying and developing film. Boy that was expensive.
So a friend reprimanded me that I never have people in my photos. True, I never seem to document people in my life or activities I participate in with people. I need to change that and insert myself and my friends into my photos. I really have friends I swear. I just tend to get artsy fartsy with my camera. Anyway here is a start. My two favorite lab mates in line for coffee at State. Craig and Heather. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

That pic of Craig and Heather warms my heart.

Erica said...

look at you little photographer. i'm so proud...growing up in front of my eyes you are. =) i love the last pic...linds has it on her lap top as the background. good work steve santos.